Frequently Asked Questions
1. Documents required for loan application
- Appointment letter from your current employer
- Pay slip (latest)
- KPF Statement (latest)
- Security (See Q 6 for more info)
- Application fee – $ 20.00 (non-refundable)
- Birth Certificate
- 1 Photo passport size
- Insurance cover note and quotation (for commercial application only)
- Credit checking to ensure that you have no current outstanding balances at Bank Of Kiribati and Kiribati Housings Corporation. Click here to download credit checking templates
- Letter stating the purpose of your loan
2. Who is qualified to apply for DBK Loan ?
- Employee from any Government ministries, State-Owned Enterprises, and Local Councils can apply
- For the purpose of Commercial or business undertakings non-employees wishing to apply must have at lease one employee to act as a guarantor.
- Employees from Private Sectors can apply provided that their Employers or Owners agreed to arrange with their respective Accounts to deliver repayments as scheduled (Repayment Schedule will be advised upon application).
3. How does it take to process loan applications
- For personal loan it takes 2-3 working days
- For commercial loan of $10,000 it takes 2-3 working days
- For commercial loan applications of more than $10,000 up to $50,000 are considered and approved by Executive Committee.
- For commercial loan applications of more than $50, 000 up to $250,000 are considered and approved by Board.
4. What is the maximum amount for Personal Loan
- DBK allows $10,000.00 at maximum.
5. If you wish to top-up your loan ?
At the moment loan top-up is allowed only if your current outstanding balance with DBK is $500 or less. In addition you need to bring with you the followings:
- Letter stating the purpose of your top-up
- payslip (latest)
- application fee – $20 (non-refundable)
6. What is Loan security ?
- Loan security is a collateral property that you promise to give to Development Bank Kiribati if you cannot pay back money that you borrow. These can come in the form of KPF, Land, Home, Cars, etc.
7. I have fully recovered my loan at DBK but my salary deduction still continues.
- Write a letter to DBK General Manager stating that your outstanding balance with DBK has been cleared and that your salary deduction will cease. DBK, upon receiving your letter will notify Salary department to cease deduction immediately.
8. How to apply for loan refund.
- Write a letter to DBK General Manager stating that you wish to claim your credit balances with DBK.